Ahh, it’s officially the holiday season! Quick post today to give you all the recipe for this absolutely fabulous crustless pumpkin cheesecake. It’s so super easy and so super tasty you’ll do a backflip– or at least your taste buds will! You’ll need a springform pan to make this correctly, but you could probably do it in a deep dish pie pan if you’re desperate.
Crustless Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake with Whipped Cream
-3 bricks cream cheese (or neufchatel cheese), softened
-2/3 cup pumpkin
-1 tsp. vanilla
-3/4 tsp. cinnamon
-1/4 tsp. nutmeg
-Small pinch of cloves
-1/4 C heavy cream
-2/3 C cup Swerve or your choice of sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with whip attachment until it’s completely smooth– no lumps!
3. Scrape sides of bowl and add in pumpkin and eggs and beat until just smooth and incorporated.
4. Add in remaining ingredients after again scraping the sides of the bowl and beat on medium for about 60 seconds or until filling is perfectly smooth.
5. Place batter into a lightly greased springform pan.
6. On a shallow cookie sheet, place a large piece of aluminum foil and raise the sides to make a sort of “mini pan” within the pan. Next, put two or three cups of warm water into the cookie sheet. The aluminum foil acts as a protective barrier to keep water out of the pan in case it should leak. You can alternatively just bake the cheesecake in the springform pan right on the oven rack, but this water bath method makes for a creamier cake.
7. Bake the cheesecake for about 40 minutes or until it is nearly firm. Allow to cool, then place in the refrigerator for several hours or until it is chilled. Serve with homemade whipped cream (below). Makes 8 slices.
Homemade Whipped Cream
In large bowl, combine one cup of heavy whipping cream with 1/2 tsp. vanilla (optional) and 3 T Splenda, Saccharin, Ideal or Stevia. Make sure not to use a sweetener with heavy granules or else they will not dissolve; Splenda or Ideal is perfect here. Beat until stiff. Do not over-beat or you’ll end up with butter. 🙂 Scoop or pipe onto finished cheesecake.
Nutrition (with 2 T whipped cream): 320 calories, 4g net carbs per slice (1/8th of cake)