***Temporary Note: Nutrition information will be added for this post soon.***
Oh, well look at that– you get a second post today. Aren’t you lucky? 🙂
This post has atrocious pictures, though– so I apologize in advance. This was not a planned post, so you’ll have to bear with me.
I was in the mood for biscuits today, so I made this recipe from Wellness Mama (omitting the honey– I’m foregoing honey for awhile). My dinner plans involved some leftover chicken from yesterday and some veggies, but I wasn’t sure what I wanted. I ended up deciding to incorporate Wellness Mama’s biscuits into a dish because, seriously, it just doesn’t get any more “comfort foodish” than chicken and biscuits.
I concocted a cream sauce using heavy organic cream, a bit of butter, shredded fresh parmesan and some spices. I combined that sauce with the chicken, some broccoli florets and some sauteed onions. Well, the pictures may not look fabulous, but the results were as close to “mom’s cooking” as you’ll get. I recommend trying this recipe out with other veggies, too– carrots, celery, turnips, green beans, asparagus or whatever your heart desires.
Cheesy Creamed Chicken and Broccoli Over Coconut Flour Biscuits
Note: To make Wellness Mama’s coconut flour biscuits, find the recipe here.
–1 lb. cooked chicken breast, diced (or tenderloins) (I sautéed mine in grass fed butter)
–1/2 cup organic heavy cream
–2 T + 1/2 T grass fed butter
–1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
–1/2 tsp. pepper
–1 tsp. salt
–1/2 tsp. garlic powder
–1 tsp. basil, chopped (or dried)
–1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
–2 cups organic broccoli florets (or frozen)
–1 small onion, finely diced
–1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute diced onion and 1/2 T butter in a skillet until onions are translucent. Set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan, combine cream, 2 T butter, parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, garlic powder and basil. Turn heat to medium and whisk constantly until the sauce begins to simmer. Continue to whisk while simmering for about two minutes, then sprinkle in the xanthan gum. Whisk again until xanthan gum is incorporated.
4. In a large casserole dish, place the cooked chicken, onions and broccoli, mixing together evenly on the bottom. Next, pour the sauce over the mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of the mixture and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbly.
5. Scoop the mixture over a halved coconut biscuit (see above for recipe). Allow the sauce to sink in a bit to the biscuit before eating. Enjoy!