Peaches and Cream Cake for Two
1/4 cup almond flour
1 T whey protein powder
1 T ground flax seeds
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Dash of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 T xylitol honey (or sugar free maple syrup)
5 drops liquid stevia extract
1 T coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup diced peaches (unsweetened; about half of a small peach)
1 egg white (for vegan, use 1 T chia gel or egg replacer)
Primal whipped cream topping (see notes)
1. Preheat the oven to 325.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients except peaches and whipped cream topping until a smooth batter forms.
3. Grease a small “individual” sized tart or cake pan (mine is about 5 inches wide) and pour the batter in. If you do not have this type of fan, split the batter into two greased muffin wells.
4. Drop the peaches (no juice) all over on top of the unbaked batter.
5. Place the pan onto the middle rack and bake for about 12 minutes or until cake puffs up and becomes golden brown. Check the middle to make sure it’s done with a toothpick.
6. Allow cake to cool slightly. Top with a dollop of primal whipped cream or whipped coconut cream.
Whipped Cream: Whip 3 T heavy organic cream until it reaches soft peak stage. Add two teaspoons of sweetener and 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract. Whip until stiff peaks form.