I’ll be the first to admit that these aren’t really all that photogenic. To be honest, the picture makes them look a little like sausage patties. They’re insanely good, though. So good, in fact, that I’m embarrassed to admit I ate three of them today. It was within my calories and carb allotment, but yeah, a salad with some grilled chicken might have been a better choice. 0:-)
These muffin tops are seriously delicious. They’re the PERFECT muffin texture and the tops are nice and crisp. It’s delicious. Oh, and did I mention they’re just 2 net carbs apiece? Yup!
Could you make these into muffins? Sure thing. Knock your socks off.
Cinnamon Crunch Muffin Tops
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2 T grass fed butter, softened
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener (or any granulated sweetener)
- 1 T baking powder
- Pinch of salt (may omit if using salted butter)
- 3 large egg whites, beaten until fluffy
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mixture of 2 T granulated xylitol + 1 tsp. cinnamon for topping