When you make this, if you don't have mini baking dishes, you can just use a basic coffee mug or a small bowl. Just be sure to grease it well or else you will have a mess on your hands. (In the below picture, I topped my cake with a tablespoon of low carb chocolate ice cream).
I inverted my cakes onto a small plate, but if you aren't feeling that, you can eat them right out of the cup or dish.
This yummy cake is chock full of healthy fats to keep you satiated and fuel your body without blood sugar spikes. It's so rich that you can split each cake with a friend (or in my case, my nine year old, who love it) if you like to get fewer calories. (Did I mention this little cake has 10g fiber and just 3g net carbs?)
I added chopped pecans into this, but you could totally do without them if you don't like them. The chocolate chips, however, give the cake this insanely gooey texture that is reminiscent of something between a fudge brownie and molten lava cake. Can you say yummy?
Dangerously Chocolatey, Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Chip One Minute Microwave Cake
(Makes 2 servings)
- 2 T almond flour
- 2 T coconut flour
- 2 T golden flaxseed meal
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T sugar free dark chocolate chips (I used Hershey)
- 1/4 C Swerve sweetener (or your preferred sweetener)
- 3-4 drops of liquid stevia extract (not necessary, but does make it sweeter if you like it that way)
- 2 T melted coconut oil
- 2 T unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 T chopped pecans (if desired)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and pecans and whisk together until smooth.
2. Use nonstick coconut oil spray to grease your mini baking pans (mine are about 4x4) or mugs.
3. Stir chocolate chips and pecans (if desired) into the batter until they're distributed throughout.
4. Spoon half of the batter into one pan or mug, and the other half into the other.
5. Microwave each cake individually in the center of the microwave for 45-60 seconds or until the cake is firm and not gummy on top. Do not over-bake.
6. If desired, invert the cake out onto a plate, or enjoy it right from the mug or pan. Enjoy!
NUTRITION (1/2 RECIPE): 390 calories, 13 g carbs, 10 g fiber (3 g net carbs), 33 g fat, 12 g protein