BBQ Pork Tacos on Cheese Tuile Shells
Ingredients: (Pulled Pork)
- 1 pork loin or pork tenderloin, approx. 1.5 lbs.
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 C Sugar Free Barbecue Sauce (Recipe HERE)
Ingredients: (Cheese Tuile)
- 2 oz. shredded cheese (sharp cheddar or colby-jack work well)
- Cook pork roast by itself a slow cooker or oven for several hours at 325 degrees (or high on a slow cooker). When it’s tender, use forks to shred it. Increase oven temperature to 350 to bake tuiles.
- Place onion, butter and garlic powder in a large pot and saute until onions are just translucent.
- Add in the pulled pork and BBQ sauce, stir well and continue to cook over medium heat until pork is well coated and hot. Keep warm while you make your tuiles.
- Prepare tuile shells by greasing a large cookie sheet. Make small circles on the cookie sheet with 1/2 oz. of cheese each. Spread into a small circle about 3 inches in diameter. Leave 4 inches of space between tuiles.
- Bake cheese for about 15-17 minutes or until the cheese appears to dry a bit. Don’t let them become crispy. While you’re waiting, set a wooden spoon on top of a large bowl so that the handle of the spoon is situated in the center of the bowl.
- Remove the pan and carefully remove tuiles and place them to hang over the wooden spoon handle. Allow each to “dry” for about 45 seconds, then set the curled tuiles on a paper towel. Continue this until all of the tuiles are curled.
- Fill the tuiles with BBQ pulled pork. Top with more cheese, sour cream or green onions. Enjoy!