The web is loaded with low carb breakfast bakes. I’m adding my own because this one is so delicious it’ll make you cry tears of joy. OK– maybe it won’t, but I’m telling you– it’s REALLY good.
I’m not going to fluff out this post with a funny story about how one day I forgot to eat and it was almost 3 p.m. and I decided that quiche was the perfect meal ever. I’m just going to tell you it’s great. Amazingly great. Oh, and it has just 3g net carbs per serving. Score!
I used pre-cooked turkey sausage as my sausage. Use whichever kind you like or have on hand.
Loaded Quiche Breakfast Bake
- 8 eggs
- 1 C organic sharp cheddar cheese (plus a little extra for topping)
- 1/4 C organic heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 T chopped parsley (or 1 T dried)
- 1 tsp. sage (dried)
- 4 oz. cooked, crumbled breakfast sausage (precooked chopped sausage is OK-I used turkey)
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, cored and finely chopped
- 2 T butter