Well, it is officially fall. Normally I hang onto summer with everything I can, but we’re moving next month and I just want moving day to get here already!
To start off fall right, try these yummy grain free, low carb, gluten free pumpkin waffles. Everyone in the whole family will love these delicious waffles!
Pumpkin Spice Waffles with Maple Whipped Cream and Pecans
- 1/4 C almond flour
- 1 1/2 T coconut flour
- 2 T sweetener (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
- 2 T pure pumpkin
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 T coconut oil (melted)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 T heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 1/2 T sugar free maple syrup (plus more for topping)
- 1/2 T chopped pecans
1. Preheat waffle maker and grease, if necessary.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, salt, sweetener, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder.
3. Mix in egg white, pumpkin, coconut oil and almond milk. Whisk until a thick, smooth batter is achieved.
4. Pour batter onto the waffle maker and bake until golden brown (mine took about five minutes).
5. Carefully lift the waffle maker lid and allow the steam to dissipate for a minute or two before attempting to remove the waffle. The waffle is not as durable as a wheat- based waffle, so it is some what fragile. Be careful pulling it out. Set it on a plate and set aside for a moment.
6. Combine the whipped cream and sugar free maple syrup in a bowl, and whisk well until the syrup is incorporated. Top the waffle with the whipped cream mixture.
7. Top off with more sugar free maple syrup (if desired) and chopped pecans. Enjoy!
Makes about 2 waffles.
NUTRITION (1/2 OF RECIPE): 300 calories, 10 g carbs, 7 g fiber (3 g net carbs), 26 g fat, 9 g protein