It’s almost the holiday season. It feels so weird to say that, but Thanksgiving is only a little more than two months away. Of course, you’re naturally looking for ways to use up that leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving dinner on Black Friday. This one will become a staple for you!
It’s warm, creamy, herby and is a healthy comfort food. Peas make it traditional while only adding a small amount of carbs, however, if you want to leave them out, you can add in your favorite low carb veggie instead.
You’ll need a vegetable spiraler for this recipe. If you go out and get one, I promise you won’t regret it. I have this one and it’s perfect.
Pop this in the oven for a delicious dinner the whole family will love!
- 4 medium zucchini, peeled and spiraled into “noodles”
- 1 lb. cooked, shredded turkey meat (I used turkey tenderloins)- KEEP LIQUID FOR SAUCE
- 2 T butter
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3/4 cup petite peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 C 1/4 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 1 C shredded parmesan cheese (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1/4 C white cooking wine
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (if desired–adds a kick)
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum (optional, but helps with texture)
- 1 T arrowroot starch