What’s a girl to do when she wants a bowl of soup, eh? Get of her butt and make it. That’s exactly what I did, and boy did it come out AMAZING!
A local restaurant here serves this cheeseburger soup that’s out of this world. I decided to try my hand at it, but figured I’d add a dash of spice to jazz it up even more. The results? I mean… look at it!
This soup is super creamy, ultra keto-rific goodness. It’s so insanely delicious that your non-low carb friends will gobble it up. I don’t know if people eat soup at SuperBowl parties, but if they do, this would be the perfect one. It’s like MAN soup. It’s all cheesy and gooey and beefy and bacony and spicy and stuff. How’s that for a description?
So what’s the best part of this soup? Well, first there’s the fact that it seriously takes about 30 minutes to make, start to finish. Then there’s the fact that it’s super ultra low carb and you don’t have to make a giant pot of it. You can make the whole recipe in a medium sized sauce pan. Then there’s the fact that there’s bacon in it. I mean… come on. It doesn’t get any better than that. It’s a keto diet soup that’s as delicious as anything else. I’d pair this against my own mother’s chicken noodle any day.
And ten bucks says it’d win. 😉
(Disclaimer: My mom used to make awesome chicken noodle soup while I was growing up. This is not a knock on her soup. This is a praise the good Lord for delicious cheeseburger soup to my own soup.)
Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Makes approximately 5 servings. 3g total carbs per serving.
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 T butter
- 3 C beef broth (beef bone broth will work great if you’ve got it)
- 4 slices of real American cheese (I use Land O Lakes Sharp American)
- 1/2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. ground beef (I used 80/20)
- 5-6 finely chopped dill pickle chips
- 1/2 C finely chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 2-3 T finely chopped jalapeños, de-seeded (canned or fresh)
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (more if you like it very spicy)
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 2 slices crisp cooked bacon, finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, cook ground beef with jalapeños, garlic and onion powders. Once done, move ground beef into a bowl and set aside. Don’t throw away the fat; either leave it in the pan or leave it with the ground beef.
- In the saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in cream and stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add in American and cheddar cheeses and whisk continuously over medium heat until cheese is melted and no ‘strings’ attach to the whisk. It should look like a very thin cheese sauce.
- Add in mustard, salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin and pickles and stir well.
- Mix in your ground beef/jalapeño mixture, tomatoes, and chopped bacon. Continue to simmer for at least five minutes.
- If the soup gets too thick, add 1/4 – 1/2 C of additional beef stock or water and stir.
- Serve garnished with shredded cheddar, bacon or chopped jalapeños.
CutTheWheat.com - Check out our latest recipes!